A DACUM analysis is cost effective, highly valid and dynamic. It accomplishes in 2-3 days what other methods of analysis take 5-8 weeks or longer to do. It uses experts from the job or occupation to identify the competencies required to perform the job. It has a wide variety of uses: training needs assessment; program development / review / revision; performance appraisal; job description; job modification; occupational performance standards; employee / student recruitment; career development planning; skill achievement record, etc.
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- orient people to the DACUM process;
- convene a panel of occupational experts;
- facilitate a DACUM analysis.
This is an application-oriented workshop: participants will have the opportunity to practicing each step of the DACUM analysis process.
Number of participants per workshop
A minimum of 8 and a maximum of 15 participants.
- Experiencing a DACUM analysis
- Preparing for a DACUM analysis
- Conducting a DACUM analysis
- Production of a DACUM analysis
- Overview of program development utilizing DACUM analysis