The Canadian Vocational Association is committed to enhancing the quality of educational and training practices. This international certification program is part of this commitment and ensures a standardization and quality control in our certified CVA facilitators.
The objectives of the program are:
- to establish and maintain a international standard of all occupational / competency analyses facilitators using the DACUM model.
- to enhance the DACUM process of Job, Occupational and Field Analysis;
- to assist DACUM Facilitators through active association advocacy for performance-based education and training.
- Anyone successfully completing a CVA DACUM Facilitator Workshop, or an equivalent, is eligible to register in this certification program.
- Upon completion of the CVA DACUM Facilitator Workshop and receipt of a registration fee, the applicant will be issued an interim certificate. This interim certificate is valid for a maximum of three (3) years or until three complete and different DACUM charts have been submitted for CVA evaluation, whichever comes first.
- A CVA member in good standing who has recent DACUM Facilitator experience (3 – 5 years) may also be admitted in this certification program upon assessment by the CVA DACUM Evaluation Committee of his / her background, experience and training.
- Upon successful CVA evaluation of three complete and different DACUM charts, the applicant will be issued a permanent dated certificate.
- A CVA DACUM Evaluation Committee will make all decisions regarding certification. All decisions will be final.
- A one-time registration fee of 500$ (CDN) plus GST will be paid for this certification process.
- CVA members who wish to maintain a permanent DACUM Facilitator certification and remain on the international register must submit a minimum of one new chart every three years.
- Candidates not meeting the standards for certification will receive a prescriptive assessment based on the charts submitted to the board of evaluators and, therefore, will have a clear knowledge of what to improve, to achieve or to provide in order to meet the CVA requirements for certification.
- All applicants must be CVA members in good standing to maintain interim and permanent dated certification status.
Each submitted DACUM chart will have to meet the following standards :
- For each submitted chart, there will be a short accounting report specifying :
- the topic of the chart;
- the scope of the analysis;
- the purpose(s) and / or intended use of the chart;
- people involved in the development of the chart;
- the location.
- All General Areas of Competencies (GACs) will be clearly identified and stated with an action verb.
- There should be no less than 7 and no more than 14 General Areas of Competencies (GACs)
- At least one (1) GAC will deal with Personal Competencies.
- Tasks / skills stated on the chart will be measurable and will start with an action verb.
- No GAC and no task / skill statement will start with the verbs to know, to understand, to appreciate or synonyms
N.B.: Although not required, it is desirable that a competency-based evaluation scale appear on the chart, as indicated in the example charts.
Please mail Application Form (next page), along with payment of $500 (plus $25 GST, if applicant presently resides in Canada) to:
Canadian Vocational Association
Attention: Ms Jane Louks
P.O. Box 816
Ottawa, ON, K0A 2Z0
Phone: (450) 463-4313
Fax: (450) 442-2353
For further information, contact the CVA DACUM Training Program Coordinator :
Téléphone : (450) 812-7510
Cellulaire : (438) 491-6001